where I am from, who I am

where I am from, who I am
The Congo - where I'm from, who I am

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekly Drop #1

Today was a sad day for myself and many more Los Angeles Lakers fans. First off, I am not a Lakers fan, but I do admire Kobe Bryant. I(like many others) consider him one of the best to ever step on a basketball court. I don't look at his statistics in details, but I do observe every steps he makes during games etc... Today's game versus the Dallas Mavericks was painful to watch to say the least, and I hope (I know) Kobe can (will) recover from this.


While the game was on, I kept my twitter account open so I could monitor what everyone was saying. I never imagined so many people could hate one person. Obviously when it comes to sports, it's a different kind of hate- it's not on a personal level. But the comments were definitely entertaining (the game wasn't), it helped me get through. Thanks twitter (and Facebook - although there's wasn't that many status updates).


I happen to know some of the biggest Lakers fans in the world. The only difference between them and Jack Nicholson is Jack is rich, he sits court side at home games, he's rich. So I definitely felt their pain as they had to endure this ordeal. I'm sure we'll never(never say never, but today was terrible) talk about this game again...that is until the Boston Celtics gets eliminated.


I am still shocked but most of all disappointed that coach Jackson's careen ended in this fashion. But he accomplished a lot of things (do I need to list them?) nonetheless. One of my favourite artist J.Cole said it best:"you win some you lose some that just how it happens".










No comments: